Since the weather has been so unseasonally hot for the UK, I've been having smoothies for breakfast. They are so quick to make and convenient but pack an amazing punch for their nutrient content so I have been going all out on them.

I love adding oats and or flaxseed's to my smoothies because I find they keep me fuller for longer than when I don't add any .

For today, I will be sharing with you another green smoothie, only because I still have so much spinach left and it needs using up (any excuse really as I do love spinach).


INGREDIENTS
2 handfuls Spinach leaves
1Tbs Ground Flax seed
1 Tbs Wheatgrass Powder
250ml Orange Juice (Fresh)
*1 Tsp Matcha Powder (optional) this can come off abit bitter so if you don't like Matcha skip it.
1/2 C Fresh Basil
*1/2 frozen Banana (optional)
*1 Tbs Cashew Butter (optional)


 in BLENDER



Blitz till smooth and pour in your favourite drinking vessel



Now DRINK!!! oie slowly...you should savour this

Also wanted to share this so take a moment to reflect on what you eat today...

Very interesting I had to share with you all, great little reminder to think before you eat in other words 'Mindful Eating' (originally posted by anne delos reyes on google+).

https://plus.google.com/photos/100562923668373541214/albums/5873836075621093681?authkey=CLjknrLQ5oC3sgE

I know I said no counting calories, but I wanted to show this as it puts into perspective the reality of how we can easily consume too much and not do enough physical activity to balance it out.

Enjoy!!! xxx


Comments