For those of you who still have not gotten the courage to sign up to Instagram, you will not be aware of the fact that I was at the BBC EATWELL Show a few weeks ago. For those of you who do follow me over on the other social media formats, THANK YOU! You have been patiently waiting for this write up, I have been so busy it has taken a back seat. But, here it is finally. 

#Disclaimer - there are photos of me shamelessly posing with food - you have been warned#

This event was the first of it's kind for the organisers of the well known GOODFOOD show. The EATWELL show was more focused on the healthier side of things, with more promoters highlighting foods and ingredients targeted at those with special dietary needs and 'superfoods'. For example, there were a number of gluten free and sugar free type stands, as well as the more widely known brands.

The event also hosted numerous health talks and the fact you could get a health assessment from a Dietitian was a nice touch.

Here are some of the brands I particularly liked on the day and products I use regularly.

SuperFoodio
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

This couple are super friendly and really passionate about their love of naturally sourced healthy foods. They were launching on the day their super-food healthy snack boxes. Which contained a mixture of cereal bars, raw health bars, all packed with healthy, energy giving ingredients. Sort of like graze box with only the healthiest and clean living inspired snacks. My favourite on the day was the GreenTNT produced by MissNutrition.


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

The entire boxes they have put together offer an awesome selection to get your teeth into. The boxes are sent out once a month, and you have a choice of two snack boxes.The first, is the classic box which will set you back £20 for a single box or £18/month if you get a subscription. The second is the deluxe box for £35 single purchase or £30/month for monthly delivery. They may seem pricey but, I would suggest you at least do a single purchase to see what you are getting, because you won't be disappointed.


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Aduna 
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
They have moringa powder now! who knew?! well I didn''t, and was so excited to see it, they also have health bars now also. Seems everyone is on the raw, or low sugar energy bars these days.


Flavor King 
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
Had some amazing plums, I have to admit they were so freaking delicious. Super sweet with a hint a tartness just under the skin, they are so juicy. I've brought a few packs since - available in many supermarkets. I have a recipe I have been experimenting with using these plums I will put it up soon.


Delicious Alchemy 
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


Okay, these guys so deserve a medal, I am not exaggerating. They

produce bread, cake, brownie and porridge mixes all gluten free and delicious. Honestly, I was so shocked at the taste. I tried the brownie and the sponge mix at the show. And was seriously surprised at the taste, texture and mouth feel. The brownie was soft, moist and so delicious - I had a few pieces I was so smitten, the same for the vanilla sponge. A more in depth review of their products will be coming soon, but I have to road test the mixes I have first and of course do a little KitchenTakeovers experimentation.
Those of you who have never tried gluten free products, you probably will not understand what I am about to write. TO BE CONTINUED...


The Fickle Fish 
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Bought myself some anchovies from this stall, they were really delicious, and fresh tasting. Loved them, my only gripe is that I bought only one pack! 


Get Fruity
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Here is yet another shot of lovely fruit snack bars, these were really lovely not too sweet, and great as a fill in snack. I really liked the apricot one. The ladies attending the stall were really lovely. 


Heck
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
Holycow, these burgers and sausages are amazing! flavour in every bite. It's true they "do damn good sausages" and they are gluten free!! certainly worth a try if you come across them in your local supermarket or farmers market. HERE is the web link if you are a savy net shopper.


Chia Co
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

You may have come across this brand before from preivous blog posts I have done using chia seeds. They had some fruit chia pots which I thought were really nice, but for the price - you could honestly make it yourself! funny enough I saw them in my local Tesco in the chiller free from section £2.29. NO! you are better off buying the large tub of chia seeds and whazzing up your favourite fruit and soaking the chia seeds in it to make your favourite pudding, add a splash of coconut water and you're good to go. You can purchase the tubs of chia seeds HERE



Pulsin and Beond Bars


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Now these am sure you have seen all over the place and they certainly won't need any introductions. They are energy bars, and they are raw, most of them are suitable for vegans and are gluten free. They are certainly denser than the previous bars 'get fruity' this is because these also have nuts. 

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
If you have not tried them,I would certainly say give them a go they one of my favourite snack bars if am out and about and get stuck for something to eat. 


Book Signing

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
It's the medicinal chef! love his book, no - I didn't get a signed book. Sadly I wasn't the only one wanting to see him. There was a bit of a queue. 

Cooking and Demo Stage:


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
Christine Bailey was on stage here, demoing a spirilizer and making courgette spaghetti. Clearly the audience were engaged!


In Summary:

I attend quite a few food shows in the year and will look out for what is next in store for this one in 2016. Being the first of it's kind hosted by the people of the better known GoodFood Show. I didn't have any preconceived idea of what it should be like. I just wanted to go and see what the difference would be. 

Admittedly, after seeing a few stalls it got a little samey (is that even a word?). I think very few stood out in this show, and those I would be watching out for would be the Superfoodio snack boxes, Delicious Alchemy and ArcticPowerBerries. They were the few that struck me the most, from the many great stalls at the event. And NO! I don't have any affiliations I was taken by the uniqueness of what they had on offer. 

The show overall was a success I would say, congratulations GoodFood EatWell Show - and hope to see you next year!




Comments