Tarragon Turkey Patties


                   



Ok all, if you follow me on Facebook or your are in my Circle on Google+ you would have seen my post for the above as a preview to it going up here. I've had much query as to what they are and how they are made and if they are healthy!! 


The answer is


(1) They are Turkey mince patties or burgers whichever you want to call it
(2) I will show you how they are made (well at least how I make them)
(3) YES!! they are healthy it all depends on what you serve these baby up with.


Yes this was yet another throw together concoction, I say throw together because the mince was about to go out of date and I just used what I had in the kitchen. As my other half would say most of the meals I throw together turn out GREAT!! (in fact I think he secretly looks forward to the throw together meals).

You will have to excuse the lack of photos for the process as I totally forgot to take them as I was going along, what can I say I was too excited anticipating what they would taste like. 

So, without further ado...


Ingredients

(Makes 15 patties) 

500g Turkey Mince
1 large Red Chille Pepper (deseeded)
1 Tbs Course Black Pepper
1 large Red Onion
2 Tbs Light Soya Sauce
1 large clove smoked Garlic (any type will do, use 2 cloves if they are small)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Sweet Pepper) deseeded
3 Tbs bread crumbs (mine was home made from stale bread)
1 Medium Egg
2 Tbs vegetable oil 
2 Tbs Fresh chopped Tarragon


Process


(1) Put the Chillie, Bell Pepper, Onion and Garlic in a blender or food processor and combine well 
-you want these to be chopped fine but large enough so you still can see what they are individually-

(2) Remove from food processor and combine well with turkey mince
 -I would recommend using a glove here (and possibly some goggles, Richard came in the kitchen with me in tears he was so worried, it was the bloody onions).

(3) Add the bread crumbs, black pepper, soya sauce and egg and combine well, leave mixture to sit for ~10   minutes (trust me this really helps when it comes to forming your patties).

(4) After 10 minutes, using a table spoon form the mixture into balls and flatten slightly
 -they should look something like this-



Now the fun begins...

(5) Put oil in a non stick pan and on medium heat (I find you won't need to use a lot of oil with these pans)

(6) Once oil is hot (check by dropping small bit of crumb in oil, if it bubbles immediately its hot enough)

(7) Add the patties gently one at a time, put in as much as will hold in your pan 
   -I could fit 8 in comfortably with room to flip-


(8) Cook on both sides for ~ 3-4 minutes each side

(9) Remove from pan and let sit in the oven on low heat till you finished frying all the patties 
  -this will also help the removal of any excess oil -

                                    (10) DONE!!! 

Serve it as you like, this is how I served mine


 Fresh tomatoes, steamed Broccoli, Okra and Sweet potato, with fresh tarragon and a drizzle of  olive oil + soya sauce and lemon juice. 


 Serving suggestions 


-With Fresh salad
-In a bun
-With rice and butter and lemon sauce

WHAT the HECK go buck wild, if you do make them please share let me know how you get on.

Enjoy!!



Comments