Coconut and Frozen Fruit Smoothie

Frozen strawberries were used in this recipe


I am really in love with smoothies for breakfast these days, and it is my pleasure to share the different recipes I throw together with you all. Some work really well, where as others I think need improving. 

However, there are some things  they all have in common and that is the many health benefits they contain plus all those nutrients.


Health Note:

This smoothie is packed full of Vitamin C, fibre, phyto-nutrients, and antioxidants. These all help in keeping various organs healthy, collagen production for healthy looking skin, and keeping the GI system functioning well. 


Ingredients

2 Tbs Coconut milk light (I freeze mine in ice-cube tray for easy use)
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Cup Frozen Fruits (pineapple, tangerine, grape, melon and strawberry)
1/4 Cup Fizzy water
120ml Soya Milk
25g Vanilla Ice-cream (I use dairy-free)
1 Tbs Coconut jelly (Young Coconut Flesh)


There is nothing wrong with getting the cheap frozen fruits, nutrients are still retained in these, sometimes even more so than having old fresh fruit that's been hanging around for ages. 



















# I got the coconut flesh frozen from a local ethnic store you can leave this out, but I found it added a nice bit of chewiness to the smoothie which I liked.


Process

Put all in a food processor/blender and blend on high till well combined

pour into glass and ENJOY!!



Products in blender

Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!!

Comments